- Media & Content Coordinator at Cascada Expediciones & EcoCamp Patagonia, a Chilean tour operator and sustainable dome hotel. In charge of producing and editing written marketing materials, such as blog posts, guide books, newsletters and email campaigns, web content, google ad campaigns, etc. Generates PR leads and seeks brand exposure through press mentions, award opportunities and collaborations. Creates sponsored articles for national and international publications, such as American Way, Revista Capital, Adventure Travel Magazine, Travel Trends Latin America, etc. Has spoken publicly on behalf of the company, with an interview in Spanish airing on Chilean cable TV and live radio (MEGA). Additionally, helps with translation requests from Spanish to English.
- Professional Freelance Writer & Photographer for a variety of print and online publications, including: Pellicle Magazine, Patagon Journal, Intrepid Magazine, Film Stories Magazine and more. Additionally, has displayed photographs in a gallery space and boutique hotel.
- External Relations & Communications Full-time Intern at Population Services International (PSI), a global health nonprofit organization. Created weekly blog posts and Managed Facebook page, creating daily posts and conducting regular reports and research to increase engagement. Prepared a media kit for a celebrity ambassador trip and participated in live tweet sessions to engage with relevant partners, organizations and individuals. Also worked on multi-media video projects and assisted in copy editing needs for the company’s quarterly magazine.
- Bachelor of Arts in Media Arts & Design (Concentration in Journalism) and Studio Art, James Madison University.
- Graduated Cum Laude.
- Coursework included: Feature Writing, News Writing, Media Law, Feature Magazine Production, Video Journalism, Media and Politics, Photojournalism, Photoshop and Film Photography (4 x 5 large format and 35mm).
- Native English and Upper-intermediate Spanish with experience working full-time in a Spanish-speaking office environment. Translation experience from Spanish to English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop. Has extensive experience with HubSpot and WordPress.
- Works well in a team and independently. Is creative, hardworking, flexible, organized and detail-oriented.