Media & Content Coordinator at Cascada Expediciones & EcoCamp Patagonia, a Chilean tour operator and sustainable dome hotel.
- Defined content timeline and strategy. Produced and edited B2C and B2B written marketing materials, such as blog posts, guide books, web content, email campaigns, social media content and google ads, which improved web traffic and engagement.
- Increased brand awareness through national and international media collaborations. PR work appeared in American Way (American Airlines), Wanderlust, Travel Trends Latin America and more.
- Won multiple awards on behalf of the company, such as the “Sustainable Luxury in Latin America” and “Most Value in Tourism” competitions. Increased brand value and recognition.
- Collaborated with digital agency and team to migrate two websites to Hubspot CMS platform.
- Built strong relationships with industry partners, professionals and associations. Expanded press coverage into new media and markets.
- Promoted EcoCamp Patagonia on Chilean cable TV and live radio.
Professional Freelance Writer & Photographer for a variety of print and online publications, including: Pellicle Magazine, Patagon Journal, Intrepid Magazine, Film Stories Magazine and more. Additionally, have displayed photographs in a gallery space and boutique hotel.
External Relations & Communications Full-time Intern at Population Services International (PSI), a global health nonprofit organization.
- Created weekly blog posts and managed company’s Facebook page. Conducted regular reports and research to increase engagement.
- Prepared a media kit for a celebrity ambassador trip and participated in live tweet sessions to connect with relevant partners, organizations and individuals.
- Worked on multi-media video projects for donors and celebrity ambassadors.
- Assisted with copy editing needs for the company’s quarterly magazine.
Bachelor of Arts in Media Arts & Design (Concentration in Journalism) and Studio Art, James Madison University.
Graduated Cum Laude.
Coursework included: Feature Writing, News Writing, Media Law, Feature Magazine Production, Video Journalism, Media and Politics, Photojournalism, Photoshop and Film Photography (4 x 5 large format and 35mm).
Native English and upper-intermediate Spanish with experience working full-time in a Spanish-speaking office environment. Translation experience from Spanish to English.
Skills and tools include: content marketing, email marketing, social media, photography Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, URL Campaign Builder, WordPress and Hubspot.
Work well in a team and independently. Am creative, hardworking, flexible, organized and detail-oriented.